Now, I know it’s very trendy these days to knock George Bush. Fun too. For those reasons and more, here is the world’s first ‘Can you tell whether Zapp Brannigan or George W. Bush said this?’ quiz…
All you have to is have a guess whether each of the following was said by Captain Zapp Brannigan of Futurama or Commander George W. Bush of USA. This is only a simple blog, unfortunately, not a survey, so most untechnologically savvy-wise, the answers are at the bottom!
- We don’t know anything about their race, history, or culture, but one thing’s for sure. They stand for everything we stand against.
- They hate what we see right here in this chamber — a democratically elected government. Their leaders are self-appointed. They hate our freedoms — our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other.
- Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock! And scissors cuts paper! Kif, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper! And, bring me a rock!
- I think — tide turning — see, as I remember — I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of — it’s easy to see a tide turn — did I say those words? (when asked if the tide was turning)
- Now, like all great plans, my strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.
- I’m also not very analytical. You know I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things.
- Men, you’re lucky men. Soon you’ll all be fighting for your planet. Many of you will be dying for your planet. A few of you will be forced through a fine mesh screen for your planet. They will be the luckiest of all.
- Anybody who is in a position to serve this country ought to understand the consequences of words.
- I hate these filthy neutrals, Kif! With enemies, you know where they stand, but with neutrals—who knows. It sickens me.
- Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.
- One day a man has everything. The next day he blows up a 400 billion dollar space station. And the next day he has nothing. It makes you think.
- Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
- If we can hit that bull’s-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
- We need to counter the shockwave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates.
Some weird parallels, alright! But as you might have guessed, in each pair ‘Dubya’ was the second of the two, while Captain Zapp was numero uno!